Creating a great Pizza base using the dough balls in our D.I.Y Pizza Kit
This is fun part.
- The dough balls that we have prepared for you will be ready to All you will need is flour a little patience ,and a clean working area J
- Cover your work area in flour. Ideally it’s a cold hard surface such as a counter top. This keeps the dough from sticking to anything. Then pick up the dough and flour the top and the bottom. Set the dough on the counter and then spin it in a circle with your hands on the sides. You are just ensuring that the dough ball is floured, rounded and awake.
- With some flour coated on your hands, flatten out the ball to resemble a small plate. Use the heel of your hand for this part.
- Using a rolling pin (again coated with a dusting of flour) begin to stretch the base out. Move the base around bit by bit and roll each time….you are trying to get as close to a circle as possible. But don’t worry you can always trim off bits as required at the end of rolling.
- It will spring back into its old shape from time to time but persevere.
- At this point we would recommend you get the pizza base onto a baking tray. In an ideal world this tray would be preheated. You are trying to cook the base from underneath. Most pizza ovens have a stone at the bottom of them, which cooks the base accordingly
- Lightly cover the base with tomato sauce…..
- Sprinkle on Mozzarella cheese and whatever toppings tickle your tastebuds as quickly as possible
- Place in a preheated oven 190 degrees Celsius
- Cooking for approx. 6-8 minutes should be fine, but keep an eye on it. You will know how you prefer it cooked.
- Preheat some plates onto which you will be serving the pizza….and just enjoy. Well done J
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please ensue that you store all of the ingredients including the dough balls in the fridge before use. Use within 24 hours of purchasing.
If you are using the dough balls from the fridge, leave them out to warm up, for approx. 15 minutes efore you use them. This will give a lighter and crispier base in your delicious pizza.